Overview / Responsibilities
Woods nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
With the demand for our expertise continuing to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a professional and proactive Receptionist to join our team at Birchwood, Warrington.
- Meet and greet visitors, contractors and staff
- Answer the phone to internal & external callers
- Issuing of card access passes
- Issue of keys
- Monitor alarms
- Ordering buffets
- Monitor and control of meeting rooms
- Ordering of stationery
- Maintain database of Car Park Permits
- Issue Car Park Permits
- Assist Facilities Officer with general admin work, including Fire Evacuation procedures
- Provide administrative support to the business e.g Travel Bookings
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in a busy Reception or Office environment preferred but not essential
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities
- Professional communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Professional appearance and courteous manner
- Attention to detail
- Remain calm and patient when under pressure
- Ability to use a personal computer
- Knowledge of business applications
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Flexibility to provide cover for other job-share Receptionist and to other Receptions/Office as required
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Using own initiative
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
- For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.