Real Estate Senior Vice President
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,500 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Citco’s Real Estate Funds group delivers a complete set of real estate services, including accounting, reporting, investor relations and SPV administration. Due to continued growth we are looking for an accomplished real estate funds manager with particular experience with Open-Ended Real Estate Funds and SPVs, US GAAP and IFRS reporting capabilities to join our EMEA operations.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on Real Estate specific accounting expertise and have demonstrated capabilities in managing the administrative function of multiple open-ended real estate fund structures (Investment Funds and SPVs), and managing a team of fund accountants, transfer agency and corporate secretarial staff.
- Work closely with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients, providing technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group to establish plans for new client setup and transitions, including preparation of client service plans and annual budgets.
- Review Real Estate fund client’s partnership agreements, PPM’s and other materials.
- Prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall claw back, and carried interest calculations
- Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers; prepare and review financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements
- Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, subscriptions, redemptions, rebalances and transfers
- Budget preparation and managing costs within the department, ensuring full adherence and implementation of the corporate & local risk policies
- Review trading and operations processes for the Real Estate Funds division
- Provide management support to staff managers, assisting them to effectively deal with personnel development and operational matters, including coaching, developing and training staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics coupled with 8+ years Real Estate Fund accounting experience. ACCA / CPA qualification an advantage
- Strong knowledge of waterfall structures, modelling and calculations
- Familiarity with Yardi
- A highly successful record of delivering large scale business/technology reengineering initiatives in the Real Estate Fund businesses
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and other comprehensive basis of accounting
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Superior communication skills in English, both written and verbal communication,
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Yardi, Viewpoint)
A highly competitive remuneration package will be awarded the successful candidate. For more information or to apply, don't hesitate to get in touch.