Place – City Environment, Ranger & Countryside Service
Ranger Team Leader (Grade 5)
£23,541 - £27,041
37 Hours – Permanent
The Ranger Service operates throughout the city of Wolverhampton providing a visible presence undertaking patrols within parks and green spaces, engaging with the local community including Friends Groups and Volunteers.
You will be required to assist in the development of parks and green spaces across the city, engaging with members of the public, community groups and volunteers for recreational use with an emphasis on environmental work, safety and security within the city parks, green spaces and any other sites under the responsibility of the service area. The post holder will be required to supervise and give instruction and direction to lower graded members of staff.
Duties will include: -
- To provide supervision, instruction and direction to lower graded members of staff.
- To carry out a highly visible patrolling of the parks and green spaces.
- To attend regular community meetings and establish/maintain links with the local community and park users to develop opportunities and promote the use of local parks and green spaces
- To identify and deliver conservation and outdoor educational events to a range of groups.
- To engage with other areas of the council to promote the use of parks and greens for health and wellbeing benefits
- To provide supervision when appropriate to volunteers and other groups and carry out risk assessments
- To actively discourage anti-social behaviour or behaviour which contravene the local byelaws.
You will need to hold a full clean driving licence for this post.
You should have good communication skills, the ability to work as part of a team or on your own and undertake other duties that include dealing with members of the public as required, liaising with members of Environmental Services, other council officers, supervisors and managers.
For further information please contact Tanzil Awal on 07870 363007
Closing date: 1 December 2020.
Interview date: TBC
Job Description and Person Specification