We are currently recruiting experienced bus drivers to join us in our new team designated solely for Rail Replacement work, on weekends, public holidays and occasional weekdays. Go-Ahead London is the largest bus company in the capital. We employ just over 6,000 drivers from 16 locations, mainly in the South, North and East London. Our vehicle fleet is approximately 2,300 buses.
The role involves;
- Operating shifts across a varied shift pattern, (including late and night shifts) out of various Go-Ahead London locations.
- Dealing with the public
- Driving various PCV vehicles within the company fleet (buses and coaches)
As a casual employee, you will be required to work a minimum of 20 days per year. You will not need, or be able, to work set days every week. However, as most Rail Replacement work is on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, you will be required to work, or be available to work, most weekends.
You will be reporting directly to the Commercial Operations Manager. However, due to working out of our various garages in Greater London, Brigton and Luton, virtually all work will be requested, allocated and posted, via our web based employee portal. Therefore, having good knowledge and the ability to be self-sufficient in the use of email and web based systems will be key. You must also have a proactive approach towards communication as building a positive relationship with the Commercial Operating Manager and Supervisor will be essential.
In return we are offering pay of £17.00 per hour (this includes £1.78 per hour in lieu of accruing holiday entitlement). Specifically, this means the holiday you accrue will be paid within your hourly rate, on a pay as you go basis (rolled up holiday pay). There will not be a weekly minimum work/hours guarantee. However full duties will be paid sign on to sign off (inclusive of meal reliefs) with a minimum shift of 5 hrs 30.
All licence medicals and ongoing CPC training will be included in this role as well as company uniform. Given the nature of the work, you will not be eligble for any staff travel concessions.
About you and the job
You are applying to work as a Rail replacement bus driver for Go-Ahead London. To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- A current valid PCV (category D) licence on a UK driving licence
- A current, up to date UK Driver Qualification Card
- A digital Tacho card would be advantageous
- You must give a commitment to work a MINIMUM of 20 days per annum
What we offer
- Flexible working days (but bear in mind the majority of rail replacement work takes place at weekends/public holidays
- £17.00 per hour (this includes £1.78 per hour in lieu of accruing holiday entitlement)
Ensuring that you bus is fit for service at the start of your duty
The safety and comfort of your passengers
Maintaining the schedule on the route
Comply with company rules and regulations
Previous experience driving buses/coaches (within last 2 years preferable)
Accident free driving record for the last 2 years
Have no more than 6 points on drivers license (No DR’s, CD’s and TT99)
Excellent Customer service skills
- Good knowledge of London and the South East of England