Are you an experienced Product Design Engineer looking for a new opportunity and used to working in a fast-paced environment? Yes? If so, Unitech Engineering Ltd based in Burntwood - Staffordshire, would like to hear from you. We are a leading supplier of high-quality stainless steel and aluminium equipment for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and other hygiene conscious industries.
Reporting directly to the Design Manager, this role is responsible for developing existing and new stainless-steel fabrications and equipment for the Unitech Industries group including but not limited to conveyors and industrial washing machines. Additionally, this role requires the successful candidate to assist with the design and development of cost-effective bespoke site specific design solutions, meeting customer satisfaction. Other duties involved in the role are as follows:
Main duties will include:
- Develop new and existing product ranges.
- Produce articulate 3D models and associated media data for publications
- Produce engineering drawings as per customer requirements in terms of standards, cost and time.
- Assist with Project Management including liaison with the Production Department and Customers on a daily basis for regular updates for completion of contracts, attending regular reviews and design meetings as required on or off site.
- Manage your own workload ensuring adherence to the approval and manufacture schedule agreed with Customers and Production.
- Assist in the implementation of next step developments of systems and work practices within the Design Office.
- Assist with any other duties as required by the business in line with your skill set and experience.
Skills & Experience Required:
- To be considered for this role must be an accomplished user in 2D AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor or other 3D packages is a prerequisite, along with experience of working in a similar role. You would be expected to be able to demonstrate a specialism in one of the mainstream 3D packages, probably having at least 5 years experience with that package.
- Materials handling equipment experience.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Must be able to work equally as well as part of a team or on your own.
- Be able to agree and meet reasonable time scales for the work required.
- Pay attention to detail and quality with a continuous improvement mind set and ability to multi task.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Project management experience is desired but not essential.
- Sheet metal design experience.
- No fear of exploring innovative design.
- Qualifications required – minimum to HND Mechanical Eng. Or Degree level in Product Design (2:1)
What we offer in return:
- Salary is negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Full time, permanent contract.
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of annual, bank/public days) increasing with service.
- Access to a contributory company pension scheme, employer contribution of 3%.
- An extremely varied, challenging and interesting role.
If this appeals to you and/or you have more to offer that we would welcome in finding out about, please submit your CV and written application by email. Please quote ‘RAF-965/MO’ within your application, outlining why you should be selected for this role. All applications should be emailed to: email@example.com . To find out more about our Company please visit our company website. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you, we look forward to receiving your application