R&D Sustaining Manager-MET000365
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
Directly reporting to Infection Prevention and Specialty (IPS) Business Unit (BU) General Manager, the R&D Sustaining Manager will have full responsibility to sustain current IPS BU product portfolio by working with other cross-functional groups including Product Management, Quality, Regulation, Procurement and Operations, etc. We offer a complete line of infection prevention products for both medical and dental settings. We have a strong global presence and leading market share. The R&D Sustaining Manager will play a key role in driving sustaining to ensure no product related business disruptions at IPS BU.
- Execute the vision and strategy for the IPS BU, in alignment with business objectives.
- Proactively work with Product Management, Regulatory, Quality, Procurement, Operations and other functions to monitor and identify potential product sustaining needs.
- Quickly adapt to the business needs when being assigned to various sustaining projects.
- Assess the sustaining projects and maintain up to date analyses of risks, gaps, deliverables and timeline for the sustaining projects. Identify and address any/all identified gaps and solution/results driven.
- Provide hands-on support and ownership to sustaining projects in addition to assigning projects to team members.
- Partner with Operations to ensure a smooth transition and production.
- Develop a close working relationship with colleagues in the sales and marketing organizations to understand the market space and to provide technical support upon request.
- Prepare and facilitate technical briefings and meetings, including tactical and strategic planning with other functional areas or upper management.
- Implement and manage approved budget and monitor actual expenses to ensure they fall within budget.
- Collaboratively working with colleagues. Drive a culture of accountability, effectiveness, efficiency, collaboration and continuous learning in the organization.
- 10+ years experience directly leading R&D (preferably in healthcare).
- 8+ years experience in a highly regulated industry (FDA or EPA) required.
- Global awareness and ability to work effectively across different culture
- Demonstrated success in sustaining projects and team management
- 8+ years experience maintaining documentation & processes according to ISO, EPA, FDA and Internal Quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong influencing and motivational skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple cross-functional stakeholders (inside and outside of IPS BU).
- Effective time management skills to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Work hand in hand with other sustaining team members.
- Bachelor's degree university required; Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology or related area preferred.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.