R&D Manager – Scientific Resourcing-ADV001033
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
R&D Manager – Scientific Resources
Position Summary and Overview:
To lead a team of scientists to provide resourcing for R&D projects,provide training for Scientist-level staff, and to oversee recruiting of entry-level staff for R&D.
- Provide strong leadership to the team of Scientists whilst building the capability of the team through attraction and recruit of top talent and effective coaching and mentoring.
- Provisions of scientific resourcing for R&D projects where required.
- Ensure all scientists have credible & impactful development plans that reflect the needs of the business for future senior scientific talent.
- Working with the R&D Director and R&D Managers, ensure that entry-level recruitment plans for scientists reflect the needs of the business and are aligned with our strategic plans.
- Liaise with local & national Universities to promote LBS as a place to work after graduation.
- Work with the R&D Managers to ensure that live projects are adequately resourced, and that staff planning matches future project strategy.
- Ensuring that entry-level staff remain engaged & with a clear vision of LBS as a long-term place of work.
- Ensuring Quality, Regulatory and Environmental, Health and Safety Policies are integrated in to Research and Development activities.
Additional Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Provide so far as is reasonably practicable a healthy and safe workplace for employees, contractors and visitors
- Support EHS framework and assist in annual planning, implementation, evaluation and review
- Work with EHS Manager to implement policies, procedures and support improvements
- Support best practice safety performance levels and ensure business complies with all relevant EHS regulations
- Be actively involved in Workplace Inspections and Near Miss and Incident reporting
- Discuss and review statistical data (near misses, incident reports, etc) at monthly management meetings
- Ensure safety performance is included in annual staff reviews
- Solid and demonstrable experience of scientific staff development & mentorship.
- Knowledge of recruitment challenges & processes.
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and energy with an ability to work well within a strong management team
- Experience of leadership and people management skills
- Ability to coach and mentor entry scientists.
- BSc Graduate in relevant scientific area (essential)
- PhD in relevant area (desirable but not essential)
ravel expectations within this role are not excessive (<10%)
This role shall be based at Newcastle upon Tyne
This role reports into the Director of R&D
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.