Role Description – R&D Developer
Opening date for applications: 02/11/2018
Closing date for applications: 30/11/2018
FNZ are looking for a full stack developer who will work within our R&D team. This role will contribute to the realisation of new ideas and enhancements to existing functionality through proof of concept solutions that align to FNZ’s product road maps. The R&D Developer will be expected to work closely with business analysts, testers and other members of the project team to produce world class software. They are also expected to develop a wide ranging understanding of our application, the technology that supports it and the business and industry we operate in.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Design and build the highly intuitive user interface and interactive financial tools required by financial advisers and investors;
- Develop real-time transaction processing systems that support millions of trades every day in investment securities in multiple world markets;
- Work closely and cooperatively with team members to design and implement new functionality for our major institutional customers around the world;
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications;
- Develop unit tests to ensure required quality gateways are met;
- Execute best practice with regards software development;
- Take an active role in understanding the business domain and contributing to requirements gathering;
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts;
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems;
- Strict adherence to agreed standards and processes specifically SDLC;
- Actively identifying and promoting opportunities for application efficiency improvements or performance improvements.
We are looking for people with a range of experience. Our requirements are:
- University degree in IT, mathematics, economics, engineering or other (at least Bachelor’s degree);
- English on a communicative level;
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft .NET development products, including C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET and SQL Server;
- Experience with web development is mandatory;
- Experience with the SDLC process;
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a dynamic fast-paced industry;
- Confident, passionate about creating innovative solutions for customers.
FNZ is a global FinTech firm, transforming the way financial institutions serve their wealth management customers. We partner with banks, insurers and asset managers to help consumers better achieve their financial goals. The business has grown rapidly in recent years, as its institutional customers have used FNZ’s platform to improve transparency, choice and drive down long-term costs for consumers of wealth management products across all segments: from mass-market workplace pensions to mass-affluent and high-net-worth clients.
Today, FNZ is responsible for over £330 billion in assets under administration (AuA) held by around 5 million customers of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, including Standard Aberdeen, Santander, Lloyds Bank, Vanguard, Generali, Barclays, Quilter, UOB, Aviva, Zurich, UBS, BNZ, Findex and FNZC. In total, FNZ partners with over 60 financial institutions across the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia. The company has over 1,400 employees in the UK, Czech Republic, Shanghai, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.