KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
The R&D Chemist will be responsible for initiating, and executing scientific research and product development activities for Kerr. He/she should have a good understanding/working knowledge with all activities pertaining to the design and development of endodontic products.
- Responsible for development of next generation products.
- Drive projects to completion; proactively and continuously manage ambiguity and risks, apply superior judgement and timely decision making.
- Interface with various customer personnel to determine both articulated and unarticulated needs in order to develop products that meet/exceed customer needs while maximizing value in use.
- Translate various user needs into product performance requirements and manage those requirements throughout the new product development process.
- Familiar with competitive landscape (product offerings and IP) and use the information to develop value added and differentiated products.
- Develop products using product development process in accordance with design control.
- Lead significant portions of NPD projects with minimal supervision.
- Develops solutions to problems of intermediate and advanced scope. Skilled in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Design and carry out experiments that scientifically confirm performance, reliability, and shelf life.
- Identify, analyze, and manage product risks following FMEA process.
- Develop research plan and design experiments.
- Write patents, technical market support literature, technical presentations and publications.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of new and existing products.
- Train and supervise research associates.
- Evaluate ideas, patents, competitive products and new technologies.
- Perform other duties as responsibilities necessitate.
- Estimated 5% travel may be required for this position.
- Initiate and scope the project, develop project team including internal and new hires.
- Develop process for the Technical File update to ensure efficiency, deliverable quality of the project
- Develop project plan and schedule with cross functional department to incorporate business strategy and needs.
- Provide technical guidance to project core team members.
- Leads cross functional team members to execute project and ensure deliverables meet requirements and complies with quality policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate passion and a sense of ownership with strong and clear accountability for the success of the team.
- Masters degree in Polymer chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic chemistry or related field.
- Familiar with various polymerization mechanisms, especially free-radical polymerization of methacrylate monomers.
- Understanding of structure-property relationships of polymeric/composite materials.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates who also possess the following:
- Knowledge of physical properties, especially mechanical properties of dental sealant materials.
- Experience in Sealants or Adhesive field in Dental/Endodontics highly desired.
- Ability to translate voice of customer into product requirements.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher's Dental Platform is a $3B global business focused on all aspects of dental care. With the intention to spin-off the Dental Platform to become its own public company in the second half of 2019, “Dental Co” will become one of the largest and most innovative dental companies in the world. We are changing the face of dentistry with our differentiated portfolio of products designed to serve every dental professional’s need. It is our mission to make our dentist's work simpler and better connected so more patients are cared for in a shorter time. Our dental brands include traditional consumables and equipment (KaVo Kerr) and specialty products (Ormco and Nobel Biocare).