Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing Reactive Maintenance
Contract/Freelance - 6 month contract
Houghton Regis and area
Competitive day rates on offer
Howells Solutions are working with with a leading UK Social Housing / Regeneration Contractor to find a successful and proactive Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Houghton Regis.
You will take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of internal and external planned maintenance schemes in in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the company's legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage the control of all day to day commercial issues.
Quantity Surveyor Key responsibilities:
* Managing subcontractor packages
* Subcontractor negotiation
* Cost value reconciliation
* Producing cost reports
* Subcontractor payments / processing applications for payments
* Final accounts
Quantity Surveyor Essential Experience:
* Strong commercial awareness
* Quantity Surveying experience with a main contractor operating within Social Housing - ideally within major planned programme and refurbishment works environment
* National Housing Federation version 6 Schedule of rates
* Strong experience of using spreadsheets including pivot tables and V-Look Up
* RICS / CIOB qualification - Preferred
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Very comfortable with contract documentation
* Proficiency in MS Excel
* Analytical mind, a very strong work ethic and a self-motivated drive to see results delivered
* Demonstrable experience of working on own initiative to manage and prioritise workloads to deliver effective results as a matter of routine will complete the skillset we're looking for.
Quantity Surveyor Salary & Benefits
You will be working for a modern, forward thinking business; that believe the strengths, skills and personalities of their people are the key to the groups success. This is a Contract role - 6 months work ith potential to extend, competitive day rates.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact us on 01474 850707.
Howells Solutions are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Howells Solutions acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.