The Role - Quantity Surveyor
Working specifically within the civil engineering and ground works side of the company, an in-depth knowledge of ground works and Civils is vital. This will enable you to proficiently CAD measure drawings of sprawling new house building sites with ease, producing take-offs for all civil works up to to DPC level. A knowledge of pricing is needed but not essential as we will be utilizing current pricing frameworks.
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance with the tendering and procurement of new projects, whilst minimising costs and enhancing value for money of existing jobs. Additionally, assisting with the estimating and procurement of required materials for new builds and on-going jobs. Managing the payment application process and valuations for jobs.
- Measuring works from drawings to assist with estimating
- Valuing completed works
- Managing payment application processes
- Preparing and pricing variations
- Preparing bill of quantities and price breakdowns for projects
- Prepare tender and contract documents
- Raise queries in relation to tender information
- Attending meetings with clients on-site
- Preparing feasibility studies of client requests
- Assisting with the procurement of materials of on-going projects
- Updating pricing documents through the course of project with new drawing issues.
Relevant experience is needed.