Job Title: Quality Textile Technician
Location: Preston, Lancashire (Occasional travel to Hyde as required)
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Textile Technician to join a market leader in the textile industry supplying some of the biggest names in the UK retail and contract sectors and now becoming even stronger internationally supplying over 40 countries globally.
In this role you will work within a small team whose responsibilities focus on the business' goal to deliver customer service excellence through the assurance of the quality of all of their products and the ethical compliance within their supply chain. This extends through factory audits, new product development, problem solving, product inspections and rework management.
Great communication skills are essential as you will be in contact with different teams across the business from Design, Sales, Customer Services, Merchandising and Warehouse as well as daily interaction with the global supplier base and UK/Export customers.
- Working alongside the design team through the various stages of fabric development prior to product sign off including risk assessments for all fabrics to mitigate any potential technical issues.
- Management of the New Product Information (NPI) form, working with internal teams and external suppliers to ensure that all required data is collated and maintained.
- Management of the required testing for all fabrics to meet international and bespoke customer standards.
- Working alongside the merchandising team to ensure new products are delivered in line with the critical path.
- Colour management of fabrics, assessment against set standards with appropriate feedback to the supplier.
- Investigation and resolution of customer complaints and queries relating to product standards and performance.
- Working alongside the quality inspector to ensure appropriate checks are complete and feedback / corrective actions are followed up.
- Organising and managing any fabric reworks as necessary and raising debits to the relevant supplier.
- Assistance in co-ordination of supplier audit administration.
- Ownership of relevant fabric technical and care information within internal master files.
- Regular interaction with a number of departments within the business.
- Key customer communication
- Degree in the similar field of Textiles
- A confident and effective communicator (written and verbal).
- Have a flexible attitude accepting extra responsibilities where necessary.
- Some technical knowledge of textile fabrics, preferable interior fabrics
- Able to maintain effective records of fabric history
- Able to working to a critical path and achieve key dates
- Colour management skills, able to make a commercial judgement.
- Organised and good time management skills
- A "Can Do" attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate IT skills
- Full UK driver's license and own car
- 2 years' experience in similar role/ apparel applicable/interior textiles industry
- Knowledge of fabric testing requirements and the latest EU legislations.
- Contract sector - Technical knowledge preferable
- Knowledge of textiles factories within Europe and Asia
- Factory communication experience
Benefits of the company:
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, increased with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Voluntary staff savings scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Life Insurance
- Staff awards scheme
- Social events through the year for staff and families
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Quality Management, Junior Quality Coordinator, Quality Inspector, Junior Product Quality Inspector, Quality Technician, Quality Assurance, Fabric Quality Coordinator, Junior Quality Assurance Inspector, Quality Control Assistant, QA Inspector, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Inspector, Quality Overseer may also be considered for this role.