Requisition ID: 231289
Requisition Posting End Date: 12/12/2020
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project Management, Project Controls, Commercial, Safety, Quality and Regulatory Assurance leadership) services.
The ability to obtain/maintain access to the project facilities is required. Must be physically fit and able to work safely at these facilities.
The position is open to UK Nationals. Dual UK/US nationals may be considered. Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain SC security clearance.
This position reports to and receives direct supervision from the Project Quality Assurance Lead and receives functional direction from the NS&E Manager of Quality.
This position participates in the implementation of the Bechtel nuclear quality programmes and processes. This is a highly collaborative position that requires communication with the Customer, partners, suppliers, individual contributors, line management, and senior leadership. Applicants should be comfortable interacting with personnel at all levels in the project and corporate organization both individually, as well in large group settings.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. This position may require travel and additional overtime hours as deemed necessary.
Principle Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Capable of integrating Bechtel and Customer procedures, based on a thorough interrogation of Customer standards and skills base.
- Supports production of the overarching Project Quality Assurance Plan.
- Sets audit plan and undertakes programme of Quality Assurance audits, delivers corrective action reports and works with all functions to achieve required improvements.
- Provides recommendations to project personnel to correct quality deficiencies
- Prepares Quality Assurance audit checklists and participates in and/or leads audits.
- Develops Stakeholder Dashboard and regularly updates this based on collected Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey data.
- Informs scope, RFP and evaluation/selection for Design, Construction and Process Plant & Equipment Partners.
- Represents the project during audits by management, the Customer and regulatory agencies as requested by the Project Quality Assurance Lead.
- Follows up on actions taken in response to audit findings to ensure adequate close out.
- Reviews quality related procedures and manuals developed by other departments, suppliers and subcontractors for conformance to project Quality Assurance programme requirements.
- Actively supports project lifecycle estimating / scheduling including through participation Risk Management and Assumptions Management processes.
- Support client relations and communication for Quality Assurance related activities.
- Complete other duties as required in areas of Quality Assurance in support of the project quality function.
- Must be a UK National. Dual UK/US nationals may be considered.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC security clearance.
- A recognized degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent experience in fields of quality, engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning or business administration.
- Proficient at directing, facilitating and leading diverse teams to achieve timely deliverables.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent requests and changing priorities.
- Experience establishing, monitoring, and analyzing data and reporting results to management.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence change at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and applicable standards that impact the Quality Assurance programme.
- Knowledge of the Quality Assurance principles and programmes and their application to other functions.
- Knowledge of the application of corrective actions and nonconformance reporting and closure
- Strong oral and written communication skills and outstanding leadership, interpersonal skills and
- organizational abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university.
- Qualification as Nuclear Lead Auditor, or ability to become qualified within 6 months.
- Expertise in 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1 and/or IAEA GS-R-3.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.