TENMAT are currently recruiting for a Quality Inspector in the machine Shop. The role will be based in Trafford Park, Manchester. This successful candidate will work a rotating 2-shifts and the hours will be 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm.
DUTIES OF ROLE
The Quality Inspector has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Assist operators in performing First Off inspections to ensure components meet drawing and customer specification.
- Perform in process inspections to ensure quality standards are maintained throughout the operations.
- Identify quality improvements and assist with their implementation.
- Assist in training operators in correct use of various inspection equipment and understanding of different engineering drawing features.
- Perform audits on operators to ensure procedures, quality checks and job routes are completed correctly and accurately.
- Monitor reject rates and record data for analysis.
- To provide assistance with internal and external non-conformance investigations and customer complaints.
- To provide assistance with internal audit processes.
- To support the team with any other tasks commensurate with the role.
- Observe Safe Working Procedure, H&S instructions and additional training while operating machinery or working on processes.
- To carry out additional reasonable duties as required by business needs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Min 2 years in an inspection role.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and related features.
- Good knowledge of various inspection equipment and their applications.
- Root Cause Analysis and investigations.
- Good Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of machined composite materials and how to inspect them (desirable).
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good numeracy skills
- Focused on Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Health & Safety conscious
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (33 days incl. bank holidays)
- Company bonus
- Free Parking
- Subsidised canteen
TENMAT is a leading manufacturer of advanced materials and components with outstanding mechanical and thermal properties for demanding industrial applications. The diversified product range includes, thermoset composites for wear parts and bearings, engineering ceramics, high temperature resistant materials, passive fire protection solutions and functionally graded materials. TENMAT operates an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System for the design, development and manufacturing of specialized high performance engineering materials and components. TENMAT stands for innovation, safety products, commitment to our customers and the latest quality standards worldwide.
The TENMAT group is a multinational corporation with fully owned subsidiaries and presences in the United Kingdom, North America, France, Germany, Sweden and Italy, supported by a global network of vendors and distributors.
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter either by post or email to the following address:
Human Resources Officeror email@example.com
Ashburton Road West
Competitive Salary, Bonus Scheme