Production Quality Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit for a worldwide leader in material manufacture. We are currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join the team, at their site in Corby.
As a Production Quality Engineer, you will provide a technical and quality service for the manufacturing functions, delivering value to customers and the business through furthering our understanding of, and targeting the reduction and resolution of common cause issues.
In this capacity you will contribute to improving capability to expand into our chosen high-value Mechanical Equipment markets.
Your key accountabilities, will include but not be limited to the following:
- To plan work programmes to achieve a project objective within the team
- To manage work plans to meet deliverables, overcoming barriers to progress
- To liaise with experts both across the company and with Customers to develop work programmes as appropriate, to achieve project objectives
- To use Data analysis and analytical skills to develop knowledge useful to the problem
- To coach peer groups on key skills and others to consolidate and improve team performance
- To develop support work from specialist functions like R&D, CTS and Commercial
- To lead team members, or colleagues across the business, on activities within the work stream you are responsible for, including on occasions leading a full project team
- To become fully conversant with the production process in order to identify cost effective solutions
- To lead the implementation stage of the corrective actions - i.e. project manage any new equipment installations or roll out of new processes into production whilst overcoming any barriers to progress
- To interpret customer complaints and identify practical solutions to permanently resolve problems and prevent re-occurrence
- To convert existing proposals into fully workable solutions (existing FMEA)
- To conduct System, Process and Product Audits as and when required by the Quality Systems Manager.
- You will be qualified to Degree or HNC level (or equivalent) in a Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering discipline with proven experience of working in a manufacturing, engineering or quality environment.
- You should be conversant with current quality tools, specifically - Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving, 5 Why's Analysis, 8D reports, Design FMEA and Process FMEA techniques.
- You should have a sound knowledge of the steel industry.
- 35 days holidays per annum
- Annual Pay Review
- Annual Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
- Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
- One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.