Quality Engineer - Workington, Cumbria
Salary of £30,000 - £32,000 d.o.e
MacArthur Recruitment is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer, ideally with an understanding of nuclear industryspecifications and requirements and the ISO9000 series, to work for a UKorganisation in Cumbria, who are involved withhands-on engineering-focussed industries across nuclear,construction, defence, etc.
They require an innovative Quality Engineer who willhelp maintain customer confidence in the company’s processes and procedures;who can provide technical expertise and support; and who will be able toimplement and support new processes across the organisation.
Key accountabilities for the role of QualityEngineer:
· Control and organise QA activities to maximise thethroughput and achieve cost and delivery targets ensuring products comply withthe design specification for quality
· To ensure the above activities comply with thecompany’s HSE policies
· To assist the manager in monitoring production tominimise defective work
· To provide technical support for all productquality-based metallurgical/material queries
· To liaise with customer’s representatives regardingproduct quality documentation issues
· To maintain, review and update the documentationsupporting the QA system
· To perform internal and external auditing asrequired
· To participate in 3rd partyauditing as required
· To review and approve documentation for contracts,ensuring full traceability and auditability
· To maintain an overview of N.D.E carried out bothin-house and subcontract (currently radiography, dye penetrant and magneticparticle testing)
· To participate in the training of the NVQapprentices on secondment in QA
Qualifications and skills for the role of QualityEngineer
· Relevant Auditor Qualification
· Quality Engineer Certification
· An appreciation of health, safety and environmentalissues in an engineering business
· Problem solving & continual improvementtechniques – 5S, 8D, 5Why’s or Isikawa
· Knowledge of quality assurance requirements andprocedures
· NEBOSH qualification is desirable
Why workfor our client as a Quality Engineer?
- Established but ever-growing organisation.
- Career Development and training.
- Pension, flexible working available.
- Salary of £30,000 - £32,000 d.o.e
- 35 days holiday (incl BH)
Theculture of the company is positive and motivated. They deliver great productsand develop their people through further training, making this a great place towork.
Formore information, or to apply for the position of Quality Manager, pleasecontact Steph on steph , ideally with a copy of yourCV, or call 01768 800260.
AtMacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidenceof our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providingjob-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with othercompanies for marketing purposes.
Wedon’t collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitorvisitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, youwill.
Anyinformation you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely onour database and is shared with any potential employer only after you havegiven permission for us to do so.