Doncasters Paralloy has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the team based in Billingham. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary per annum.
Doncasters Paralloy is situated in Billingham and is part of the clients Petro-Chemical Division. The business has a worldwide presence and is a major supplier to the petrochemical market. The success of the company has been built on developing quality products in rapid lead times supported by a focused approach to customer service.
The Quality Engineer role:
As our Quality Engineer, you will provide support to both the Quality Assurance Manager, in carrying out the QA functions of monitoring compliance of the Company’s systems and procedures, as well as the Technical Director to ensure from a technical standpoint that production procedures are followed.
Key responsibilities of our Quality Engineer:
- Schedule and then ensure completion of internal audits
- Non-conformance processing, and to ensure subsequent investigations are completed
- Full participation in contract reviews
- Preparation of management procedures
- Preparation of manufacturing quality plans
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly management reviews
- Preparation of concessions for presentation to customer
- Production of quality and technical investigations
- To carry out appropriate checks to ensure technical procedures are being applied
What we’re looking for in our Quality Engineer:
- Demonstrable experience in a QA / QC position in an ISO 9001 (or similar) environment
- Experience in a metallurgy biased position, preferably in a casting and / or fabrication industry
- A basic understanding of NDE processes, particularly LPT, ECT, RT
- Experience working with and auditing ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 systems
- A qualified internal auditor
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to compile reasoned justifications
- The ability to compose clear and concise documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, able to work under own initiative
- Competent working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become one of our Quality Engineer, then please click ‘Apply’ today!