Location: Barrow in Furness
Talented people are the key to our success
Excellent rates of pay.
Shift and weekend work maybe required for this role.
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
As a quality advisor, you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise ensuring the continuous improvement of business unit performance in line with external standards, the integrated management system (IMS)
- Experience of Major Civil, Steelwork, Mechanical and Electrical activities – desirable
- Ability to generate Quality Plans
- Ability to generate Inspection and Test Plans in line with the specified requirements
- Experience of generating and delivering Life Time Quality Records (LTQR)
- Ability to generate Inspection forms to support work activities
- Ability to carry out site inspections line with Inspection and Test Plan requirements
- Ability to offer guidance in relation to contract specifications
- Understands the quality grading systems e.g.; Level 1 to Unclassified
- Awareness of Welding and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques – desirable
- Has experience of generating defect/non-conformance reports
- Experience of root causing issues
- Experience of conducting audits of suppliers – Lead Auditor qualified – desirable
- Good communicator both internally and with the supply chain
- Competent in Microsoft packages Word, Excel etc.
Already experienced as a quality advisor, you will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject matter and you will have a thorough knowledge of BS18001/ISO14001/ISO9001 management systems and their implementation.
BAE Systems Marine Limited
BAE Systems engineer, manufacture and support the innovations that strengthen security at home and around the world. In Barrow in Furness, BAE systems work on the cutting-edge design, build, test and commissioning of complex submarines and for over a century have equipped the Royal Navy with unrivalled underwater capability.
Our work focuses on delivering non-nuclear infrastructure activities in a nuclear environment both for civil and military customers.
This is the Successor Facilities Framework Agreement for the provision of design, construction, completion and commissioning works relating to BAE Systems Marine Limited’s Successor Facilities project.
These works are part of BAE Systems Site Replacement Programme (SRP).
D58/ D59 Facility
Morgan Sindall have been appointed and continue to work on the D58 / D59 Buildings Facility.
This 5 year project commencing June 16 comprises the construction of the D58 / D59 Buildings Facility and is sited adjacent to the north-west corner of the Devonshire Dock Hall (DDH). The Facility comprises two buildings, these being D58 Installation and D59 Manufacturing.
The two buildings are structurally separate, but with an enclosed link corridor the two buildings permit the transfer of products between the buildings.
The project’s contract value is currently circa £200 million and will transform the submarine building capabilities of the BAE site in Barrow-in-Furness.
We have a great opportunity for you to join this innovative team where you can grow your skills and progress in your career. We are looking for people who share our passion on delivering great customer service whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.