This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a state of the art facility within the quality team across a global organisation developing skills to continually improve products, processes and conformity to regulatory requirements/ISO standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing skills in technical leadership and oversight of the QMS ensuring it is efficient, effective and produces high quality outputs.
This role requires a high degree of cross-functional working and guarantees variety with exciting new global projects in addition to the daily support.
- Develop knowledge and skills in relation to the Quality System in accordance with the requirements of: ISO 9001; ISO 13485; 21 CFR parts 11 and 820.
- Identify and implement new, or changes to existing, processes and systems to improve effectivity and efficiency of the Quality System
- Maintain the non-conformance system; ensure content and status of NC record and related actions are maintained as they occur.
- Input to Non-Conformance containment actions and ensure they are implemented in timely manner to protect manufacturing or customers from further failure
- Liaise with Product Quality Engineers to ensure non conformance & inspection issues are escalated for investigation where appropriate
- Support Product Quality Investigations
- Support Manufacturing personnel in identification, segregation and recovery of non conforming material
- To liaise with Technical Product Managers (TPM) in order to action manufacturing caused start up issues and inspection/segregation of stock for field quality issues (Complaints/Stop Ship).
- Investigate spares complaints and coordinate the inspection of associated parts within the company and at suppliers.
- Target continual improvement of out of box quality to Waters customers.
- Conduct quality assessments (Audit) of current suppliers, report findings and recommendations
- Conduct Internal and Departmental audits where required
- A qualification in an Engineering / Science subject OR relevant experience in an Engineering / Science related function.
- Experiance of leading teams to successful results
- Experiance in an engineering manufacturing environment
- Good written and oral communication skills are required, for example to ensure succinct report generation, effective communication with staff, peer groups, etc across organisation.
- Must be able to work independently and communicate with all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated practical approach towards problem solving.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- Computer literate - knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel an advantage - in order to produce reports, analyse data etc effectively.
Travel (If Applicable):
Some travel to our worldwide suppy chain and to other global Waters sites.
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
People create the Waters difference. By engaging with our talented and diverse workforce we continuously evolve, develop and enhance our products. Being the world’s leading speciality measurement company, we believe in delivering innovative technology and system solutions to our valued customers to enable their success. At Wilmslow, our focus is on the development and delivery of mass spectrometry systems and software in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
Our mass spectrometers deliver benefit to customers in many industries and make a meaningful impact to our lives through examples such as
- Neo-natal screening to keep babies healthy
- Ensuring consistent, reliable safety in our global food and water supply
- Developing new medicinal therapies to advance human health
- Ensuring participants in the world’s sporting events compete fairly