Alongside the Quality Control Leader, you'll make sure our short-life products are meticulously checked - stepping in, and up, when needed.
You'll be out on the floor with the team, making sure our food products are in perfect condition. Because nothing less will do. Your attention to detail and passion for our products is beyond compare. And your stamina for precision checking is impressive. That's why you're a Deputy.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. But that doesn't mean our standards can waver. That's what Quality Control is all about.
Quality Control Deputy - Sawley
Hourly rate starting from: £11.58, with a £4.00 premium paid for every stand-in hour.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Control Deputy to join our new and growing team. As a QC Deputy at our new Sawley region, your responsibilities will include:
• Conduct checks on all fresh products
• Detailed inspection of incoming products against product specifications
• Updates all relevant departments with information regarding product quality in the agreed format.
• Liaises with suppliers, internal and external auditors and external bodies when required
• Is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety and Due Diligence measures in their area of responsibility in the absence of The Quality Control Leader.
• Places orders as and when required.
• Determines and instructs rejections as necessary within their area of responsibility.
• Authorises the working hours, holidays, time off and breaks, as well as overtime if required, for The Quality Control Assistants in the Absence of The Quality Control Leader.
You will hold GCSE standard qualifications (or equivalent) in at least 3 subjects, possess excellent attention to detail and communication skills (oral & written), be able to work as part of a team and independently, possess competent PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and be confident and assertive. Experience in Fresh Food or other relevant industry would be ideal.
Please note for the duration of training July - end Sept you will be required to train in the Goldthorpe /Yorkshire region.
Contracts from 15 - 30 hours per week available.
Flexibility required with working hours (this role will include evening and weekend working).
Shifts will be between the hours of 12:00-21:00 (flexibility is required to start work earlier if required to attend training, supplier visits).