Alongside the Quality Control Leader, you'll make sure our short-life products are meticulously checked - stepping in, and up, when needed.
You'll be out on the floor with the team, making sure our food products are in perfect condition. Because nothing less will do. Your attention to detail and passion for our products is beyond compare. And your stamina for precision checking is impressive. That's why you're a Deputy.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. But that doesn't mean our standards can waver. That's what Quality Control is all about.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Deputy to join our busy team in our Bolton Regional Distribution Centre.
Contracts are up to 35 hours per week and shifts are between the hours of 12pm-10pm
£12.14ph rising to £13.55ph
Night rate at 18% premium to day rate
£4ph premium for stand-in hours
• Responsible for the training and development of employees in their team
• Performance management of the Quality Control department
• Creation of departmental spreadsheets
• Detailed inspection of incoming products against product specifications
• Report findings of quality issues
• Liaising with suppliers, internal and external auditors and external bodies when required
• Intense product testing on all fresh products
• Initiate and follow up on corrective actions ensuring non-conformance's are addressed
• Place orders as and when required
• Flexibility required with working hours
• This role will include evening and weekend working
• Flexibility is required to start work earlier if required to attend training, supplier visits
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent in at least 3 subjects
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Clear logical thinker
• Ability to work under pressure
• Confident and assertive
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Demonstrate previous management experience
• Demonstrate a passion for quality
• A background in fresh food would is desirable