Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Salary and benefits -Competitive salary plus company matched pension and two share options, plus numerous retails rewards and up to 10% off new Kier homes
Kier Buildings Scotland are seeking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager. You will be working closely with the site team to establish and ensure the effective implementation of the Quality Management System, compliance with contract quality requirements and the compilation of records to demonstrate the conformity of the works.
The team and the region: The Glasgow team have completed some outstanding projects to date and have a full order book moving forwards to continue this performance. This friendly and family felt office has a professional and dedicated team, coupled with the performance of Kier Buildings highlights this as a great opportunity.
- Ensuring that an effective Quality Management System is established, implemented and maintained at all levels.
- Liaise with the DIO’S quality representative to ensure full agreement and understanding of the project quality requirements and handover compliance requirements.
- Providing an independent channel of communication on quality matters, initiating necessary action to resolve deficiencies and ensuring satisfactory solutions have been achieved.
- Ensuring Audits are undertaken in accordance with the Audit Schedule and that any adverse findings, including those raised by others, are closed out in a timely manner.
- Undertake Quality Audits Inspection for identified Suppliers.
- Reviewing and evaluating Inspection & Test plans including those of sub-contractors prior to the commencement of work activities, the ongoing monitoring of construction records and review and acceptance of the completed quality record packages.
- Providing site training/mentoring on the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Assist the Project Managers in the setting of project objectives and targets to measure and monitor quality performance and encourage the philosophy of Continuous Improvement.
- Encouraging feedback from all employees and sub-contractors on possible areas of improvement and investigating the benefit of any employee recommendations regarding Quality matters.
- Reviewing Non-conformance reports to identify any apparent trends and providing timely reports on NCR status and trends to the Project Managers and the company Quality Manager.
- HND or Degree in Construction or related subject.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of quality control activities.
- Computer literate.
- Achievement of or working towards professional quality qualification
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Trained.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Driving Licence.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.