This is about putting our products through their paces. After all, only the best will do.
Our products go through rigorous tests before hitting our shelves. First off, we need to assess if they meet both legal and safety requirements. After that it's down to quality. It means you'll organise panels for testing, co-ordinate meetings with suppliers and put in place the processes and procedures that help us make well-informed purchasing decisions.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. Naturally, the products we select for these stores are central to our success. And Quality Assurance is an essential part of this winning formula.
Food Sampling Team Leader
Sampling Team Leader
Fixed term contract - 12 months
We are now looking to recruit a Sampling Team Leader to join the Quality Assurance team in our Corporate Head Office in Atherstone.
The Sampling Team Leader will manage their area of responsibility, using initiative and suggesting ways of improving systems for greater efficiency.
Responsibilities will include:
• To manage and coordinate the area of food sampling and meal provision to ensure the efficient organisation, preparation and delivery of all food sampling activities and meal provision for the Aldi business.
• Facilitates the sampling schedules and other requests across corporate buying to deliver an efficient and effective service to all stakeholders.
• Manages, develops and trains the sampling assistants and shoppers through 1:1 meetings as per Aldi Management System and in line with departmental processes.
• Co-ordinates and communicates with internal and external departments/contacts
• Ensures that credit card statements and expenditure sheets are prepared and submitted according to Aldi protocol.
• Manages the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with external and internal parties ensuring an ongoing understanding of current issues, proposing/taking action where appropriate.
• Checks invoices for services and equipment in the area of responsibility following Company procedures.
• Maintains an efficient and well organised filing system for the area of responsibility.
• Prepares and cooks product samples for evaluation for the buying teams.
The successful Sampling Team Leader will have experience within the food industry; ideally Chef experience or similar. Experience of food hygiene, preparation and cooking is essential. Ideally you will have people management experience.
Food hygiene and culinary related qualifications are highly desirable.
You will need to demonstrate good understanding of Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft Office packages, as well as excellent organisational skills.