Qualified Teacher: Looked After Care
Do you want to have a meaningful, positive impact on the lives of vulnerable young people?
New Horizons (Stockport) Ltd look after children and young people of 10-17 years of age, with challenging behaviour / complex needs and children on the periphery of offending. We also offer residential childcare for children displaying harmful sexualized behaviour.
Our skilled and experienced staff team have consistently delivered placement stability, high quality health and social care and achieved excellent educational results, which have been pivotal to our success in achieving positive outcomes for children with all kinds of challenging behaviours.
We are now recruiting for a Qualified Teacher to work with the LEA teaching core subjects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the educational development of LAC under their supervision. This diverse role needs a patient, calm and empathetic person, who also has the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve.
The designated teacher will:
- Promote a relationship based on high expectations (in relation to IEP), encouraging the pupil to consistently partake in pre-planned lesson activities.
- Successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the pupil’s IEP
- Ensure that they are responsive to their pupils’ individual needs, by making reasonable adjustments to session delivery where necessary.
- Have a motivating impact on the pupils under their supervision.
- Understand the role in relation to the wider statutory responsibilities of the LEA.
It is essential that the designated teacher:
- Has QTS/QTLS, with certificates to evidence this
- Holds a full UK driving licence
- Has a working knowledge of working with young people attributed IEP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Successful candidates must be enthusiastic, committed and have a passion for teaching children 10 years plus.
The salary for this position will be between £16.00 per hour depending on experience.
Job Type: Contract
- Experienced Qualified Teacher:
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence