Qualified Bus Drivers
This role would suit someone who is currently in a customer service or retail role; we would also like to hear from people who have worked in the hospitality industry.
Are you friendly, outgoing and looking for a job in a customer facing role?
- Fully Paid Training
- Travel Concessions
- Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Four Weeks Paid Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunities for career progression
We are looking for friendly, flexible & reliable people, who enjoy engaging with the public, working on their own initiative and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dedicated team. As a Bus Driver you will be required to operate the company’s network of local bus services, delivering exceptional customer service throughout our operating area.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Engaging with customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey with us
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to the high company standards attained during the paid training period
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
- Working a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training to PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) licence standard will be provided, including:
- Tuition to pass Drivers CPC Qualification
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
- Introduction to the company’s systems, procedures and policies.
Once you have passed through all the formalised training elements, you will work with an experienced colleague who will support you in your early days as you settle in to your new role.
We even provide ongoing training to help you excel in your role and ensure you maintain your Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
The Company offers an attractive remuneration package, including four weeks annual leave, a smart uniform, free local bus travel for employees and their spouses/partners and great pension benefits.
We would also welcome applications from fully qualified bus and coach drivers.
Please note that you must weigh less than 18 stone (114kg), for health and safety reasons.
Please be aware that successful applicants may be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
Should you require any more info before you apply please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to comply with the Stagecoach UK Bus Medical Examination Policy, all new employees will be required to obtain a fitness letter from their own GP. The fitness letter will be required at our occupational health provider no later than 8 weeks after the commencement of employment. Please note that if this letter is not received by this point, then your employment with the company may be reviewed.