Qualified Bus Driver (existing PCV holders only)
Are you friendly, outgoing and looking to work in a customer facing role at the heart of your community?
We’re Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan, part of Stagecoach Group, the largest bus operator in the UK. Last year 106 million passenger journeys were made with us, getting people safely to their destinations play a vital role in linking the communities we serve.
Bus driving is a hugely important job, you’ll be responsible for driving hundreds of people each day safely to their destinations be they travelling for work, shopping, education or leisure. You’ll be our ambassador out on the road representing not only Stagecoach but the areas we serve.
Our drivers come from all walks of life – whether you have worked in retail, care workers, call centres, other forms of transport or even the military.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers onto the bus, selling tickets, checking passes and advising customers of our services
- Ensuring a safe and comfortable journey by following both company standards and driving to the highest standard
- Handling cash including giving change and taking credit and debit card payments
- Looking after some of the most vulnerable people in our community from school children to our elderly customers to customers who need just that little bit extra care and support when travelling
You should be:
- Customer focused
- Calm under pressure
- Flexible, reliable and responsible
In return, we offer:
- Ongoing training and development to ensure you stay up to date
- At least four weeks holiday, rising to five weeks with service
- Access to enhanced pension scheme
- Share save scheme option
- Free local bus travel for you and a companion
- Free medicals and eye tests at intervals depending on age and service
- Opportunities for career progression
- A safe and secure working environment
- A full UK bus driving licence (category D) with a maximum of six penalty points with no driving bans in the previous five years
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Flexibility to work shifts on five days out of seven in a typical working week
Our drivers work a range of shifts, usually working five out of seven days on a week. An early shift starts as from 4:30am, a late shift finishing up to 1:30am. Shifts generally last between 7 to 8 hours per day. Shifts and a base rota are published in advance and transport is available to and from our depot at the beginning and end of the working day (qualifying area applies).
All training is paid for the hours attending training.
From time to time traffic delays mean our drivers may finish later than their duty end time, all late finishes are paid.