Qualified and Apprentice Bus Drivers
Could you be a bus driver? Take the journey with Stagecoach
Are you friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Have you got the drive to succeed? We have a fantastic opportunity for you the get behind the wheel of a career in bus driving.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, helpful and customer focused people to join our leading bus company Stagecoach and benefit from a rewarding career. You could join the Stagecoach family in South Yorkshire and become part of an awesome team.
So what’s in it for you?
As well as an exciting career in bus driving, Stagecoach offer:
- Salary: £10.38 per hour after 1 year service (or 6 months if you come with a PCV licence) plus enhanced evening and weekend work
- Smart uniform
- Free local bus travel for you and your Partner
- Company pension benefits
So what do you need to be a part of the team?
We’re searching for sociable and reliable individuals to drive people in the right direction. You’ll be using your initiative and enjoy being part of a professional, dedicated team. As a PCV Driver you’ll be part of a team responsible for operating the company’s network of local bus services, providing essential transport for our communities within South Yorkshire and beyond.
You must have a Full UK Driving licence and a positive attitude!
Comprehensive training will be provided.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Interacting with customers and making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times to the high company standards
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training will be provided, including:
- Training to obtain a PCV licence (if applicable)
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
- Introduction to company/depot systems, procedures and policies
- Periodic work related training throughout your career
Want to know more about Stagecoach?
Stagecoach is the largest sustainable bus operator in the UK and serves over 100 communities in towns and cities in the UK
- 3 million passengers every day
- 2,200 routes operated every day
- 699 million journeys a year
- 7,200 buses and coaches
- 20,000 employees
- 100 major UK bus depots
- 88% customer satisfaction
- 5% reliability
- A five year sustainability strategy to 30 April 2020