Job Title: QHSE Manager
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 Per Annum, Plus Benefits
Location: Queen's Hospital, Romford - RM7 0AG
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
QHSE Manager Job Introduction:
We are currently looking to recruit a QSHE Manager who can demonstrate strong Health and Safety compliance to join our team at Queen's Hospital, Romford.
You will lead and develop the integrated management system, ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and company policies and procedures to ensure that service excellence is delivered. You will liaise with managers to establish and maintain safe systems of work, providing a safe environment for all colleagues, patients and visitors.
We are looking for an individual with strong communication and influencing skills to provide technical and accurate advice and support to all staff to prevent incidents and accidents.
QHSE Manager Role Responsibility:
- Maintain the integrated management system ensuring to utilise the system; including risk assessments, accident prevention and health initiatives
- Identify, manage, control and review safety risks, contributing and supporting the hospitals risk management framework and process
- Implement and manage policies to meet Health and Safety accident reduction targets, reporting all accidents and near misses
- Support managers in their promotion of a safety culture, assisting in the completion of their risk assessments and implementation of safe working procedures and practice in their areas of responsibility
- Manage audits and inspections appropriately throughout the periods of preparation, implementation, and post-implementation remedial action
- Investigate HSE and Food Safety Issues within the contract
- Develop and sustain a positive Health and Safety Awareness culture throughout the business operation
The Ideal QHSE Manager
- Level 6 Health and Safety Qualification, or equivalent
- Level 4 Food Safety Qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience managing a safety management system
- Experience of managing safety in a similar environment
- Experience in Soft /Hard FM management
- Internal Auditor in an ISO standard
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to articulate self verbally and in writing
- Self-starter and self-motivated with ability to prioritise and schedule work under conflicting pressures
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners and stakeholders
QHSE Manager Package Description:
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then we would welcome your application.
£36,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year