The role will report into the managing director onsite and will be responsible for taking ownership of ensuring compliance to all quality, health, safety and environmental policies and implementing suitable strategies to achieve compliance working closely with the senior management team and delivering training to staff at all levels within the site.
Day to Day responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company’s Environmental Quality Health & Safety, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol.
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- Conducting risk assessments and audits, maintaining records and reporting on findings
- To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in a similar role/environment
- Qualification in Health and Safety (such as a masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBROSH national diploma)
- Understanding of relevant standards such as Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programmes to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organisational or administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Focused on delivering outstanding customer service to the Caljan’s internal customers and contractors
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people, both on the phone and face-to-face.
- Strong teamwork skills
Benefits to the Role:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Company smart phone
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare cash back scheme