We have an exciting opportunity for a bright QC technician to join our quality team on a permanent basis. The position will be based at our Inchinnan, Paisley headquarters reporting directly to the QC Supervisor and working across our microbiology and virology labs.
Successful performance of job duties contributes to meeting testing schedules, customer satisfaction, departmental safety and quality objectives.
What will you do?
- Cell culture work handling a variety of different cell lines
- Microbiological testing and sampling
- Environmental monitoring of laboratory areas
- Calibration/daily checks of laboratory equipment
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Provide support for testing related to validation processes, technical investigations and improvement initiatives.
- Maintain thorough and complete product test records per in-house testing procedures and in accordance with ISO 13485 standards.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in a biotechnology or similar environment preferred but not essential
- Good aseptic techniques required
- Ability to prioritize assignments
- Able to work independently as well as work within a diverse team
What’s in it for you:
- Free car parking
- On site subsidised gym
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- A variety of flexible benefits
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!