thinkmoney have an opportunity for a QA Test Analyst to join the team based in Trafford. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum plus benefits.
Since 2001 we’ve been helping customers stay on top of their finances with the thinkmoney Current Account – a current account which combines the convenience of online and mobile banking and budgeting service to help customers manage their money well.
We’ve grown a fair bit in that time but we’re not stopping there. We’re creating a market leading mobile banking app and we’ve got big plans for the future. Want to be a part of it?
In return for joining us, you will receive:
- On site Gym with 2 Personal Trainers, free Personal Training Sessions and a variety of free Fitness Classes
- Subsidised onsite Café with Costa Coffee Shop & home cooked food
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Basic 23 days holiday plus Public Holidays. Extra days holiday for every year served and ability to buy and sell holiday entitlements
- Charity volunteer day where the Company allows one working day per employee to help a Charity
- On site training centre with self-learning facilities
- Refer a friend recruitment Scheme - £600 cash (Upon completion of 6 month probationary period)
About the role:
As a QA Test Analyst, you will work within the Banking Squad, supporting the delivery of the Think Money Digital proposition and BAU Projects.
Key duties and responsibilities of our QA Test Analyst:
- Evaluate the quality of the software produced in a planned and systematic manner, ensuring the application works as per the intended outcomes for the customer
- Work with the BA/PO to analyse functional requirements, identifying any missing stories or gaps
- Refine and estimate all work requests with the delivery team
- Document planned script scenarios in priority order and where applicable define test plans and test approach
- Engage with the Scrum Master, PO and Developers to ensure testing is prioritised correctly, timelines are met and any issues are escalated
- Identify and raise all quality issues & defects, working with the PO & developers to prioritise these and help to track until resolution
- Perform functional, user acceptance, device, scenario, regression and end to end testing
- Track testing progress and provide updates against planned progress targets
Skills and experience required to become our QA Test Analyst:
- Experience of working within Agile delivery teams using methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills to ensure issues are identified and made known as quickly as possible
- Customer orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Ongoing, attention to detail with a curious, questioning, sceptical nature
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to quickly reprioritise tasks when necessary
- Ability to work with third parties
Why not click ‘apply’ today and join the team as our QA Test Analyst bringing hassle-free digital banking to anyone who needs or wants an alternative to the high street banks. We’d love to hear from you!