When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
QA Technician required at Riverside Bakery
We are looking for a QA Technican to join our team on a permanent basis working. The role is based in a fast-paced chilled food environment, which requires initiative and an ability to “think on your feet”.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- To support the production teams and other departmental functions in resolving quality issues
- Carry out daily taste panels as part of reviewing the quality of products
- Carry out routine tasks such as swabbing, air plates and product sampling in line with schedules in place, send to Lab and investigate OOS results
- Carry out Pre Despatch Verification (PDV) checks
- Support the investigation into customer complaints including ability to carry our full traceability exercises
- Support on site audits by third parties
- Carry out temperature monitoring and measurement for onsite temperature systems as required
- Carry out scheduled calibration checks e.g. scales, belts etc
- Carry out and report scheduled internal audits and close of corrective actions
- Support NPD and commercial in new launches through line set ups for labelling, coding, X rays, check weigher, Metal detection
- Daily paperwork checks of departmental paperwork including traceability and CCP checks
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- You will ideally have previous experience in a production or QA environment.
- The successful candidate would need to be computer literate, details orientated and able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
Riverside Bakery (part of Addo Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay; pension; occupational health; subsidised employee canteen; long service awards; and an employee car park.
£24,000 per annum