Create Flavours is looking for a QA & Technical Compliance Officer to join the Technical and Operations team.
Job Title: QA & Technical Compliance Officer
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Location: North Somerset
Hours: 8.45 am - 4.45pm Mon- Thurs, 8.45 - 4pm Friday, 3/4hour for lunch
Create Flavours is a rapidly growing, vibrant company, producing food flavourings for customers across the UK and European Food Markets. The ethos of the company is based around outstanding service coupled with providing our customers with creative solutions and innovations. We are seeking a QA & Technical Compliance Officer to support the Technical and Operations team.
This position would suit an energetic person with great attention to detail, who has experience in Quality Assurance and food regulations / legislation. We are looking for a confident team player who has the ability to develop creative solutions whilst maintaining a methodical approach to their work and deal with the pressures of a fast-paced environment.
Quality Technician - Key Responsibilities:
- Comply with all hygiene, environmental and health and safety requirements as laid down in policy and as trained
- Responsibility for ensuring all materials are tested and released in a timely manner ensuring the correct protocols are used and the data recorded
- External and Internal audits. Support the Technical Manager in the facilitation of the audit process
- Perform an active role as required in the audits to ensure compliance with expectations
- To ensure that actions are agreed, followed up and communicated accurately and on time
- Complaints - Provide support to the Technical Manager to ensure that any complaints received are acknowledged, investigated to route cause elimination and communicated back to the customer in a timely manner. Provide internal reports of complaint performance and Create Flavours actions
- Pro-actively communicate Create Flavours quality documentation to customers as required
Ensure work areas and equipment is maintained in a clean and tidy manner
Quality Technician - Role Requirements:
- Customer focussed, understanding the individual requirements of key customers and confident in ability to develop, nurture and sustain customer commitment to Create Flavours as supplier of choice
- Understand, uphold and sustain customer expectation for quality, safety and legality
- As a team member actively participate in the wider issues of the business and with others responsible for establishing and achieving the strategic objectives of the business
- Support the Technical Manager
- Promote individual behaviour that motivates and inspires superior performance
- Stimulate creative and innovative capability by challenging assumptions that underpin current thinking and encourage new ideas and solutions
- GCSE or equivalent at Grade B or above in Maths, English and Science
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- HND/Degree level in a Food /Science Subject
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a quality / technical position within a food manufacturing environment
- Used to dealing with customers in an audit setting
- Audit preparation experience required for BRC or equivalent
- Internal auditing experience
- Environmental management preferable
- Process knowledge and the requirements to ensure product safety and due diligence compliance.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements in factory/warehouse environment
- HACCP level 3
- Food regulations / legislation
To submit your CV for this exciting QA & Technical Compliance Officer opportunity, please click 'Apply' now.