We are looking for an experienced QA professional to lead Abcam’s testing strategy and activities.
Our ideal candidate is experienced in managing testing best practice across the whole product life cycle with prior experience working in Agile teams and methodologies.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience owning and implementing test strategy from build through to SIT, UAT and beyond as well as working with suppliers and third parties to define testing guidelines and review deliverables in line with these guidelines
Ultimately, you be able to design and lead the implementation of testing strategy across multiple digital products.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Engage with product stakeholders and project managers to determine appropriate testing strategies.
• Communicate strategy and best practice across a range of external stakeholders.
• Provide point of contact and oversight of third parties and delivery partners.
• Contribute to agile ceremony and lead on testing decisions.
• Working closely with project managers to identify risks and issues impacting project delivery.
• Develop tests on a variety of different digital products and technologies.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in industry best practice and an passion for improving processes
• Proven experience in delivering agile projects with internal and external development teams
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Expertise in modern web technologies and testing tools
• Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
• Excellent knowledge and practice of end-to-end functional testing (unit, integration, system, acceptance)
• Excellent knowledge and practice of non-functional testing including performance test strategy and working with stakeholders to determine product NFRs
If this sounds like you and you would like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.