As one of the leading interactive entertainment companies, SEGA’s European Head Quarters are based in West London. We also cultivate diverse, creative development talent with a network of studios across the UK, US and Canada. Synonymous with quality, our world-class development studios include Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Hardlight and Relic Entertainment. At the heart of SEGA is our European Head Quarters, based in West London, which is home to our publishing function. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Here we host a range of diverse, highly talented individuals from technical staff to Sales, Marketing, PR, QA and beyond. We have built a highly successful team that is dedicated to driving the continued success and evolution of our European business. Check out Sega.com to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA Europe's Development Services team is looking for bright and motivated people to join us as Functionality Testers (or Games Testers as they’re more commonly known). This position is an excellent opportunity for people wanting to start a career in an industry which is fast paced, dynamic and above all fun!
There are 3 shift patterns currently available in the Development Services Department. The Normal shift, which is from 10:00 am to 5:30pm, Early Shift runs from 7.30am to 3.00pm and the Late Shift runs from Monday to Friday, 3.00pm to 10.30pm (35 hours per week). Employment will be on a zero hours contact. Please note that we are unable to offer visa assistance and all applicants must have full eligibility to work in the UK to be considered for this opportunity.
- Follow a test script in a thorough and consistent manner
- Use test scripts and testing skills to finds bugs and identify the severity and risk to the business
- Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions (e.g. using the correct naming conventions, what the bug is, steps to reproduce etc)
- Follow instructions accurately and in a timely manner
- Honestly and effectively communicate important issues and actively work with colleagues when needed
- Assist with coordination of group-based testing
- If required the job holder may be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary
- The job holder may be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the management team that are suitable to your job remit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
- High standards of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Adaptability and willingness to improve processes and own development
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Maintain an adaptable approach to testing
- Flexibility to work additional hours if necessary
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.