Role: QA Engineer
Type: Full time
Experience: Associate Level
Location: Shoreditch, London
Salary: £30,000-50,000 depending on experience, plus annual bonus and benefits
Application process: CV plus cover letter
LoopUp is a fast-growing technology provider with revenue of approximately £50 million. We help enterprises move their global communications into the cloud, which promotes flexible working for employees, increased productivity, and reduced complexity and cost. Our solutions include cloud telephony and premium remote meetings, all delivered over our own global voice network. In 2016, we floated on the London Stock Exchange.
We are headquartered in Shoreditch, London's vibrant tech hub. We have offices in 15 major cities across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific, giving us the global reach to support the largest multinationals. LoopUp is a trusted partner to more than 5,000 enterprises around the world.
The business contains a diverse range of talent. Many people join the team as new or recent graduates and rise rapidly within the firm. We have an experienced leadership team, many of whom have held senior roles at successful start-ups, blue-chip multinationals or leading professional services firms. The result is a committed, collaborative, healthily competitive and successful working environment.
We're an energetic firm with a vibrant culture. We wind down after a productive day with a game of table tennis in the office or drinks at a local bar, and we get together for an office breakfast every Friday. Our social committee ensures that we don't take ourselves too seriously, with quiz nights, bake offs, and other inter-office challenges.
At LoopUp, people work hard and you very much get out what you put in. We're on an exciting journey and we invite you to apply to join us on the ride.
About the role
As a member of LoopUp's London Quality Assurance team you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and stability of LoopUp's best-in-class remote meetings product by creating and executing thorough and detailed test plans to ensure the product is error-free, performant and matches specifications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Extensively test and analyse regressions of LoopUp's web applications and supporting platform components
- Participate in an agile development process and collaborate closely with the development and product team on a daily basis
- Understand the underlying software architecture of LoopUp's systems and use that knowledge to develop test plans
- Provide work estimates for developing and executing functional test plans and other relevant QA tasks
- Create detailed test plans to support and document manual and exploratory testing
- Perform black box as well as white box testing
- Use test automation to support manual testing where possible
- Ensure that all test plans and test data are up-to-date and of the highest quality for customer delivery
- Document problem reports with a clear description of the issue, correct functionality, and steps to recreate
- Work closely with the development team to report identified bugs and address them
- Accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and be able to communicate across multiple global teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience designing, developing and executing functional test plans
- Experience working in an Agile scrum environment
- Knowledge of basic SQL commands
- Familiarity with Git or any other version control
- Familiarity with JIRA or any other defect tracking system
Please respond with your CV and cover letter – outlining why you are applying for this position. We will reach out to selected candidates to invite them to interviews