QA Automation Engineer - ISTQB-BCS Certified
Our Milton Keynes based client, is currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer. As the successful candidate you will be working in a collaborative environment alongside business analysts, developers, product owners and other testers as part of a team.
The position requires someone with the confidence to quickly identify and escalate issues or concerns.
Test automation requires the creation, maintenance and execution of automated tests within the Company's automation framework based on Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
You will report to the Test Manager.
Review project requirements and design documentation by performing static reviews and creating test matrices
- Define automated test cases from Requirements / Process Flows / User Stories to include steps, data and expected results
- Create and maintain automated tests following the organisations test policy, processes & automation framework
- Execute tests recording actual results against expected results
- Log, analyse and report defects to ensure efficient resolution
- Identify, assess and escalate Test and Project risks and issues. Liaise with Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts and Users to resolve where necessary
- Perform peer reviews of work done by other testers
- Complete test reports and metrics on test progress
Skills and Experience
Minimum of 3 years' experience working in an Automation Test Engineer role
- Proven experience of Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber is essential
- Proven experience of using JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience of creating and architecting Selenium driven automation frameworks
- Experience of working on large automation projects with high organisational standards
- Using / setting up drivers and agents on distributed test/build machines
- Current experience & understanding of object-oriented programming i.e. Java / .NET
- Experience with continuous deployment methods
- Experience of using version control tools in a project i.e. Git (preferred)
- Pro-actively involved in scrum and defect triage meetings in a project
- Previous experience following Agile/Scrum methodology would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of SQL, XML, and MS SQL
- Experience of working with Data Driven environments, ideally in the Betting or Financial industries
Key Attributes - Essential
- The ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Ability to rapidly come up to speed and add value to the team
- Self-starter, self-organised, pro-active, pragmatic and motivated
- The ability to analysis, enquiry and elicitation of test requirements
- Be a team player, with experience of working with teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to see a task through to completion
- Accepts being challenged and challenging others views and processes
- Confidence to identify and quickly escalate issues and concerns in a professional manner
Nice to haves
- Previous Automation testing experience in an Agile and DevOps oriented environments (TDD or BDD) - (advantageous)
- Good understanding of Java 8 (advantageous)
- Background in Development (advantageous)
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Advance Level - Test Analyst (advantageous).
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Laura Waddy or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.
£39,000.00 - £43,000.00 per year
DOE + up to 20% annual PRB + benefits
DOE + up to 20% annual PRB + benefits