QA Automation Engineer – Data Platform Squad
Who We Are:
The Data Platform team at Mimecast develop and maintain our large scale data lake. We are looking for a QA Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate will share a passion for driving quality with automation and expert knowledge of our Data Platform.
What we would like from you:
- Work with Cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services.
- Work with technologies like Terraform, Docker to deploy and test our platform.
- Collaboration with developers within a fast-paced and agile delivery team.
- Carry out manual and automated functional test activities to validate functionality of software.
- Use JIRA to track new features or defects in the platform, including building test schedules from user story acceptance criteria.
- Contribute to decisions on how we test, sharing opinions on the right tools to use and the right methods to achieve our goals.
- Contribute to the overall automation test framework, using Java and/or Ruby.
- Create automated test cases, using frameworks like JUnit, TestNG and more.
- Work with Big Data/NoSQL/SQL technologies at scale.
- 2+ years of experience in a QA Engineer role.
- Experience with AWS, Terraform is an advantage.
- Experience testing backend/server-side software.
- Experience with test automation in Java using Junit and/or TestNG.
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux Operating System and bash scripting.
- Great understanding of QA best practices.
- True team player, happy to support the collaborative and respectful team we have built.
- DevOps mindset.
As the ideal candidate, you would have knowledge in most of the following:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or another Public Cloud.
- Background in computer science and/or programming languages like Java/Python.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with integration/end to end testing automation.
- Experience with DevOps tools and frameworks. (e.g. Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible)
- Principles of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with performance testing.
- Experience with SQL.
- Cassandra, Spark, Kafka or other data technologies is an advantage.
- Experience with Ruby is an advantage.
Benefits and Rewards: We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including
- Highly competitive pay
- Employee Shares Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Season ticket travel loan
- Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance for you & family including eye care
- Employee assistance program, life cover and a gym subsidization
- 25 days annual leave + family leave and long service sabbaticals.
Office Features: In our hyper modern and vibrant office space we provide breakfasts, snacks, fresh fruit, soft drinks, good tea & decent coffee all day long. Dress code is whatever you're comfortable in. MacBook, iPhones, multi-screen setups and any other tech you need. Pet Projects innovation competition, Patent support & expertise, study assistance, social & charity events, volunteering time off and an in-house Uni.
Check us out here too…
- StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/mimecast
- Software Engineering blog: https://medium.com/mimecast-engineering
- Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast
- LinkedIn page: Life at Mimecast