Salary: Competitive and meets national/living wage
Opening date: 18 November 2019
Closing date: 17 December 2019
Job Reference: 200558BR
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. We’re seeking a QA Analyst to join our development team within IT Distribution Technology team. We are looking someone who can:
- Demonstrate an ability to learn new business and technical concepts quickly
- Be involved in end to end testing activities including: test preparation, test execution (both manual and automation), test reporting, work as part of a team, helping to ensure that all User Stories have well-documented User Acceptance Criteria, and that those tests are executed within the iteration cycle
- Be comfortable working and collaborating as part of a global distributed team, but will also show individual initiative and an ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- Demonstrate superior collaboration skills in working closely with other development, testing and implementation teams to roll-out business improvement programs
- Work closely with Business Analysts and interact with business users
- Ensure the banks testing policies and standards are adhered to across the Sales suite of applications
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensuring delivery of high-quality products
You will be part of the Global Distribution Technology team. The department develops technology for Sales, Management and Client Management Reporting across the full breadth of the Investment Bank.
- Full project life-cycle experience in a Quality Assurance capacity
- Excellent knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Exposure to QA Automation tools and frameworks (like Selenium, TestComplete)
- Experience with Test data identification & creation
- Exposure to test management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to work under challenging circumstances without sacrificing quality or attention to detail
- Knowledge of best practice across the development life-cycle and experience of implementing it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- a team player with a flair for technology
- someone with excellent attention to detail and will be prepared to push for quality when delivery pressures are high
- someone with a general ability to pick up information quickly and turn around deliverables under strict time and quality constraints
- a great communicator, with superior inter-personal and influencing skills
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 17 December 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Send responses to:
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the background support. That's what we do. And we do it for private clients, institutions and corporations around the world. We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
THIS ADVERT HAS BEEN PLACED BY MAGRATH SHELDRICK LLP ON BEHALF OF UBS. EMPLOYMENT WILL BE WITH UBS.
It is important that you read Magrath Sheldrick LLP’s privacy terms and understand how we process data and monitor communications. Please paste this link into your browser to see our Privacy Notice: https://www.magrath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Magrath-Privacy-Notice-Adverts.pdf
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Competitive and meets national/living wage