We have an exciting new vacancy and a great opportunity for a dynamic procurement professional to join a leading organisation as the Purchasing Manager.
Our client is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join a leading Manufacturing company based in Coventry. The Purchasing Manager needs to be hands-on and forward thinking. Our client is looking for someone who is not afraid to take the control, to be confident in leadership and who is already experienced in their field.
The successful Purchasing Manager will need to come from a manufacturing background, preferably within engineering such as tooling, precision engineering, press tooling or similar.
In return you will be offered a starting salary £40,000.
- Support the manufacturing team in the procurement of materials for manufacture
- Negotiating contracts with New Suppliers and driving costs downs with current suppliers
- Experienced in Buying of Metals, Tooling and Steel
- Identify Competitive and Quality sources looking at QCD
- Improve Supplier Documentation & KPI’s
- Working in cross functional teams
- Identifying cost savings across the business
- Improve the Purchasing Function within the Company
- Purchasing Manager with 3-5 years’ experience within manufacturing, preferably within engineering such as tooling, precision engineering, press tooling or similar.
- Experience of Sage and Sage 200 would be advantage
- CIPS Qualified or currently undertaking
- Exceptional interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- There will also be a requirement to travel on occasion
- Salary £40,000
- 5 Weeks Holiday
- Other benefits on request