SRK Exploration Services Ltd are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team based in Cardiff.
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 dependent on experience - PRO RATA
Job Type: 12 month fixed term contract - Maternity Cover
Hours: 24 hours plus per week. Flexible hours within business hours can be discussed
Purchase Ledger Clerk - About Us:
SRK Exploration Services Ltd is an independent, international consulting practice which provides exploration consultancy services to the international mining industry covering all commodities apart from liquid oil and gas.
The SRK Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. Our client base is wide ranging but focused in the international mining sector.
SRK Exploration Services Ltd is located in Central Cardiff and currently employs 24 staff. SRK Exploration Services Ltd is an employee-owned company.
Purchase Ledger Clerk - The Role:
As Purchase Ledger Clerk you would be responsible for the whole purchase ledger process from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation. You would be required to provide a professional and efficient service providing accurate information to the Project Managers and Accountant.
Purchase Ledger Clerk - Key Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Purchase Ledger using SAGE Accounting Software
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Ensuring that bank account reconciliations are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Process employee expense receipts in multiple currencies
- Assisting in BACS Payment run as and when necessary
- Ensuring foreign invoices are accurately processed and supplier terms are met
- Reconciling and processing Company credit card statements
- Maintain document filing system.
- Being the first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
- Liaise with Project Managers for invoice authorisation.
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
Purchase Ledger Clerk - You:
- Excellent working knowledge of SAGE Line 50 Accounts package
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner and professional attitude
- Highly computer literate - competence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- AAT qualified or equivalent
- Good written skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines with accuracy and efficiency when required
- Ability to work without direct supervision and to prioritise workload effectively and also to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Smart, business-like appearance
To submit your CV for this exciting Purchase Ledger Clerk opportunity, please click 'Apply' now.