Share your passion, boost your CV and make a difference in your community. Flexible paid work placements throughout June-September with NCS!
Salary: £150 per day
Location: Greater London, Bucks & Berks, Surrey, West Midlands, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Yorkshire.
About the role
Join The Challenge, the UK's largest provider of NCS, and inspire young people to boost their skills, gain confidence and make a difference in their communities.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their local communities.
Public Speaking Trainers run weekly single-day workshops, working with a new cohort of up to 84 young people each week. Our trainers teach sessions in public speaking development, confidence-boosting skills, presentation skills and communication, adapting the set NCS curriculum to keep it engaging and accessible for different audiences.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all young people in the audience are fully engaged and included in the workshop
- Building a positive rapport with each of the Team Mentors, and work collaboratively to run the workshops
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of confidence/performance building strategies
- Extensive experience in facilitating workshops/sessions and following set curriculums
- Experience of working with young people (preferably large groups)
- Ability to adapt set content to be inclusive for different audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and build strong professional relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable and flexible at short notice
This non-residential role is perfect for an experienced public speaker with the confidence and charisma to fully engage and teach large audiences.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Read the full job description at https://ncs.the-challenge.org/jobs/short-term-summer-roles/inspire/ncs-public-speaking-trainer /
£150 per 1 day placement, option for multiple placements