Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Sales and Tendering Engineer will play a critical role in managing these relationships as well as defining and delivering the new solutions by being involved in all aspects of quoting project opportunities for the supply & installation of modernisation and upgrades to existing Dematic systems as well as equipment supplied by others
- Be the principle point of contact for designated accounts for all Enhancement sales opportunities
- To maintain good relationships with existing customers, as well as potential customers, through provision of a high-quality service
- To maintain and improve Dematic’s image as a world class leader, by adopting an honest, professional and attentive approach
- To liaise with and support Customer Service Sales Managers and Account Managers
- To interpret customer requirements.
- To develop project solutions which may include some or all of the following; design, concept, layout, cost model and programme. Develop costing sheet and offer document
- Verify unit cycle times, material flows, system throughput, and initial dimensional requirements
- Liaise with internal engineering departments and external sub-contractors to develop the project scope and definition
We are looking for an individual who is qualified and experienced and has an understanding of automated warehousing (ideally) or been part of an engineering sales process and the development of solutions that support them, but above all has a focus on customers and the desire to provide innovative solutions.
An individual with an engineering background will be favourable but most importantly the individual must have the right attitude and aptitude. A good knowledge of all Microsoft office tools is highly desirable.
Electrical and Electronic Manufacturing
Design and Engineering
Logistics & Supply Chain