To manage a portfolio of National Grid properties in the London and South East; to support the BNP Paribas National Grid Team in dealing with professional issues arising across the portfolio
- Liaising with clients, their solicitors and tenants on daily basis
- Dealing with tenant applications
- Identify and pursue Asset Management opportunities – lease re-gearing, refurbishment and redevelopment, lease surrenders, dilapidations
- Preparing reports for client meetings
- Liaising with Facilities Managers and Helpdesk Administrators to ensure maintenance contracts are set up and tendered
- Preparation of provisions for budgets of corporate clients
- Liaising with property management accounts team on production of annual service charge budgets, approving reconciliations, rent raising reports
- Liaising with property administrators for arrears recovery, setting up new properties, completing change notes, updating the Helpdesk and Tramps, etc.
- Due diligence for disposals
- Reporting to Clients in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring day to day issues are addressed and resolved in a cost effective manner mitigating Client expenditure at all times
- Assisting with the Regional FM with Setting Budgets and service charge levels
- Working effectively with the management finance teams in both Birmingham and London to ensure cost effective and profitable business for BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Preparing reports for client meetings
- Attendance at team and department meeting
Roles and Responsibilities
- Is aware of team target and the role they play in achieving this
- Understands what generates revenue and makes profit
Clients and Business Development
- Manages and maintains existing clients relationships at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Can identify new business opportunities outside own discipline and pass on
- Works independently on most assignments and receives guidance only on unusual issues
- Has broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
- Enhance BNP Paribas Real Estate’s reputation through successful delivery
- Supervises and co-ordinates teams on assignments
- Shares knowledge with / provides information to colleagues and team
- Mentors other junior colleagues
Systems and Process
- Person specific. Evaluates, adapts and improves standards, techniques and procedures
- Is a contributor to BNP Paribas Real Estate
Essential qualifications & experience
- Ideally MRICS qualified
- An understanding of Landlord and Tenant Law in relation to other management of both single and multi-let properties
- Experience of setting up, administering and reconciling service charges relating to commercial properties
- Good working knowledge of Health and safety procedures
- Knowledge of credit control and debt recover procedures
- Previous experience of managing commercial property
- Previous use of Tramps or Horizon Property Accounting Packages.
What You Can Expect From Us:
You will be joining a friendly, entrepreneurial and inclusive culture. We are driven by our core values and aim to embody them in all we do. We aspire to be refreshingly different and achieve this through using our unique perspectives, capabilities and expertise. We are bravely ambitious by going beyond what is required of us, and we are successful together; trusting one another and working collaboratively to achieve great results.
We recognise our employees are our most valuable asset, and our benefits scheme, employee engagement opportunities and Learning & Development offerings are our commitment to you and your career with us. We offer personal support, a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package. If you chose to join BNP Paribas or one of our subsidiaries, we will develop your strengths and fulfil your career ambitions.
BNP Paribas Real Estate, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading European real estate adviser with more than 5,400 experts across 36 countries. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. The personal information we collect are for the purposes of processing in connection with the company’s recruitment procedure. We will keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how we processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.