LIV is a leading build to rent and residential block management company, delivering services nationwide. We currently manage tens of thousands of apartments in the UK and are involved in numerous schemes at different stages of development. Our clients include major developers and global investment funds and we also represent thousands of leaseholders nationwide.
The diversity of our client base calls for an integrated team approach and our experts strive to deliver value to our clients through clear, innovative thinking and timely solutions. We are also firm believers that you create your own success! As an entrepreneurial business we recognise and promote individuals who show potential to commit and grow with the business.
LIV is part of Cortland, who wish to develop 10,000 BTR units in the UK over the next 5-7 years commencing with our first 486-unit BTR residential development in Watford and the second, a 300-unit scheme in Woking, both of which will start construction in the next 12 months.
As Property Manager, you will report to the Regional Manager, who is also based in the Leeds office. This position will support the leaseholders and clients within the Blocks we manage.
The Property Manager will work closely with the Property Coordinators and Concierges (where applicable) to support the leaseholders, tenants and clients that live in the buildings we manage. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and exercising full control of service charge expenditure, overseeing the financial health of the development, and taking the appropriate action if needed and ensuring that expenditure remains within budget.
- Preparing service charge budgets for current developments and assist in the preparation of budgets for new business
- Securing best value for money in contracted services by means of competitive quotations etc. To negotiate contract terms and prices and to monitor and address issues relating to contractor performance.
- Advising and guiding property management colleagues in respect of issues that may arise in connection with the recovery of service charge and ground rent arrears.
- Managing service provision to Landlords, Management Companies and Leaseholders
- Exercising judgment on a daily basis in respect of maintenance requirements, always ensuring the availability of funds before works are committed.
- Acting as primary point of contact for clients and leaseholders in respect of all services to developments in management.
- Ensuring insurance cover is in place on all developments and that copies of all current policy documents are held on file and updated as needed.
- Organising and attend meetings to represent LIV. Where necessary chairing Annual General Meetings. Presenting budgets and annual expenditure together with any matters raised by Leaseholders.
- Establishing and maintaining development management information, inspection reports and health and safety records.
- Visiting all sites on a regular basis and no less than quarterly, ensuring that a proactive management and maintenance service is delivered.
- Effectively resolving management problems or disputes in accordance with legal obligations and with specific reference to the appropriate lease.
- Liaising with the Facilities Manager concerning the need for cyclical and planned maintenance always ensuring that funds are available before works are committed.
- Ensuring fire risk assessments and health and safety assessments are undertaken, identified risks are actioned and to review and annotate the assessments annually.
- Interpreting, managing, and enforcing Management agreements/leases with Landlords, Management Companies and Leaseholders to ensure that all parties understand and comply with their obligations.
- Preparing and issue section 20 consultation documents and ensure that statutory requirements in respect of consultation on major works etc. are complied with.
- Seeking and ensuring that all management services are contracted and operational at the point of handover/commencement of Management Agreements.
- Attending legal proceedings (including court and LVT action) in respect of debt recovery/breach of lease actions
- Recruiting, managing, motivating, training, and developing and disseminating good practice to site-based staff
- Ensuring that the Group’s Health and Safety Policy is adhered to in respect of the Company’s responsibilities to management companies, leaseholders, and site staff
- Annually reviewing client management agreements and ensure a current agreement is in place for all developments.
- Liaising with relevant Departments regarding assignments and sales
- Attending relevant seminars, courses and workshops as requested.
- Contributing to the identification and development of new business opportunities, participating in promotional meetings and negotiations.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties commensurate to the role.
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
Knowledge and Experience:
- Efficient in maintaining administration and finance records electronically
- Experience in preparing budgets and accounts
- Think on the spot and deal with issues and challenges in a timely fashion
- Experience in Property Management or Block Management is an advantage
- Being familiar with the Section 20 process
- Proactive and dynamic taking ownership of all of core duties.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in the formatting of documents.
- Although the above are desirable, any gaps in knowledge can be trained for the right candidate.
- Ability to gather, assimilate, analyse and effectively summarise information and give briefings/prepare briefing notes as necessary.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Experience in the formatting of documents.
- Excellent analytical skills, including advanced excel modelling skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities without immediate supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders with strong written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily tasks to meet deadlines timely
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Collaborative approach to working with clients and associates across all levels
- Attention to detail
- Ability to approach problems both logically and creatively
THE LIV DIFFERENCE
At LIV we understand that client service delivery and a focus on the resident experience sits at the heart of what we do. We put our customers and our residents first and enjoy the part we play in building vibrant, new communities.
We have worked extensively on large residential developments throughout the UK which has allowed us to develop specific experience and expertise in all the key areas that are relevant to successful management delivery. We are very fortunate to have a talented team and it is their combined experience which ensures we are at the forefront of the industry today.
Many of our competitors talk about what services they provide but we believe what makes us different is that we have been delivering these promises now for several years, at sites across the country.
With LIV’s plans of further expansion, we would be delighted to see whether you believe you are the right person to continue this exciting journey with us.
LIV is an equal opportunities employer.