- Ensuring each newly handed over property has a valid Gas, Electrical and Water Safety certificates are in place
- Meticulously keeping track of the likely handover date of each new property/ site and their associated certificates to ensure that no certificate is missing from a newly handed over property.
- Reading Gas and Electrical certificate and spotting obvious errors or mistakes and referring the certificates back to the contractors for correct completion.
- Escalating more technical queries on certificates onto an appropriate person to advise you on so that you can then get the certificate resolved with the contractors.
- Reading and understanding Fire Risk Assessments completed on our communal blocks and extracting the actions identified into a Fire Action tracker. Identifying a suitable company, team or individual to complete the action and monitoring their progress until the action is completed, with evidence of them having done so.
- Gathering evidence from contractors that the works have been completed and storing and naming the evidence files correctly.
- Keeping track of and chasing suppliers to complete outstanding actions to strict timescales you set them in order to ensure properties do not sit vacant.
- Negotiating with Developers, Project Managers and Contractors to get certificates handed over as early as possible to give you time to check and confirm their validity
- Approving the letting out of the property following your checks.
- Confirming to our lettings team that properties are ready to let as expediently as possible.
- Responsible for liaising with managing agents regarding property compliance information, such as providing updates about new sites handing over. There will also be liaison required with Management Companies to ensure their compliance, for example where they are responsible for carrying out FRAs.
- Identifying areas for personal development or technical learning in the team and training others in how to identify technical compliance deficiencies.
- Keeping the business updated on changes in legislation or regulation that may impact the working practices of the business.
- Establish excellent working relationships across Sage to best achieve the role and support colleagues in their roles to achieve Sage's collective strategic priorities.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety, for adhering to Sage's Health and Safety policies and for your colleagues.
The successful candidate:
- You will come from a property repairs or compliance background and be comfortable negotiating with property contractors and developers.
- You will have a keen interest in properties and property compliance and committed to ensuring your work meets the highest standards.
- You'll be tenacious in your chasing of contractors and demanding in setting challenging timescales for the completion of outstanding actions.
- You will be highly organised and have a keen eye for detail to spot issues with certificates and also to be able to maintain a tracker of actions you are working on daily.
- You'll be comfortable providing information for reports and KPIs and explaining progress against outstanding actions.
- A proactive nature is an absolute must for this role. You need to be able to identify your workload and keep on top of it taking personal responsibility for ensuring actions are completed on time and to the required standard.
- You will be someone who thrives on taking accountability for the tasks to complete, doesn't look for their manager to sort things out for you and will always be looking for additional opportunities to develop your technical skills.
- Interested in learning and developing with the company and making Sage the market leader in providing Housing to those who need it.
- You are excited by change and developing new ways of working and can bring new ideas to the table to improve existing processes or design new ways of working.
- A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body in Housing or Construction
- Technical qualifications in repairs, especially around Gas Safety, Electrical Safety, Fire Risk Assessments or mechanical equipment found in homes will be an advantage.
- Committed to continued professional development.
The successful candidate will be:
- Welcomed into an established Property Services team
- Offered a competitive salary of £30,000- £35,000
- A permanent contract and an excellent array of benefits
- Training, development and progression opportunities
As a Property Compliance Officer you will be ensuring new build properties are fully compliant and ready to let. This will involve checking certificates for validity and raising technical enquires. The role will involve a high degree of property compliance and ensuring all properties meet high standards.