You will work alongside the First Marine team initially and then be available to work across the wider Maritime and Aviation division of Royal HaskoningDHV to help deliver quality consistently. The position will provide a vital role in the report writing process before reports are sent over to clients.
- Proofreading documents from FMI and other parts of the company to ensure text, spelling and style are correct and consistent; page numbers, headings and captions are correct, photos and illustrations are correctly captioned.
- Proofreading and copy editing documents before they are sent to clients.
- Sub-editing text written by a number of authors to ensure consistent house style/design layout.
- Contributing to the production of engaging and informative copy.
- Managing Quality of Project Outputs – making sure checking and reviewing is carried out in an effective and timely way
- Providing feedback to the Document Writer in a concise and constructive manner.
- Manage own workload and consistently comply with the high standards of the team.
- Contribute to development and improvement of Advisory Group and Divisional Performance through sharing knowledge and experience.
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
- Proofreading/editing professional.
- Excellent organisational, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels, including providing constructive feedback
- Excellent time and resource management skills to be utilised in a deadline orientated environment.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Ability to concentrate for long spells
- Comfortable and proficient working with MS Office products, particularly MS Word.
Qualification & Experience
- Training and qualifications in proofreading and editing.
- Excellent knowledge of spelling and grammar
- Familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and marking up PDFs
- Proactive, organised and meticulous; able to work efficiently and productively with accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, confident and articulate, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of proofreading and editing.
- A degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Economics, Business Studies or a similar discipline would be advantageous
- Flexibility towards working hours and change of pace/workload
- Report presentation skills, for example Desktop publishing skills.
Hours and Location
The role will ideally be a full time position based in our Falmouth office (UK), however we will consider an initial period of 6 months in our Falmouth office and then remote working.
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Free Food and Coffee
- Game Rooms
- Health Care On Site
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Mobile Phone Discount
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Stock Options
- Subsidized Commuting
- Transportation Allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vehicle Allowance
- Work From Home