Mandara is an independent trading company with a track record of generating significant returns. We
are leaders and innovators in the financial commodity markets thriving by connecting proprietary data
and technology with rigorous trading execution.
Founded in 2009, Mandara trades worldwide markets across global time-zones, through teams in
London, Jersey City and Singapore.
Over the years we have grown organically. To embody our Strategy 2024 and after exceptional
revenue growth in 2019, we want to welcome a proven independent trader with diversified strategies
to our team.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a driven individual and have demonstrable experience managing multiple projects across business functions to agreed deadlines.
You will need to exhibit the ability to handle challenging stakeholders, provide fact based analysis in support of initiatives, execute, be pragmatic, solutions orientated, and influence the organisation collaboratively.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to make a strong contribution to the next phase of growth of a leading commodities trading house. The role offers a healthy challenge and continued development for those already on a successful career path.
You will be expected to live by our values, operating at the highest level in a transparent and meritocratic environment. In your unrelenting pursuit for excellence, integrity must be at the forefront of everything you do.
● Track project deliverables, monitor progress and communicate status updates to stakeholders
● Provide day to day direction and support to project teams through an organised, disciplined and methodical approach to tasks at hand
● Work with subject matter experts to assess and manage project risk/issues whilst ensuring milestones and business-critical deadlines are met
● Partake in project evaluations advocating agreed strategy and change plans
● Develop, implement and evolve project practices and reporting standards to the organisation
● Actively lead the definition, design, implementation and monitoring frameworks for current and future year business plans
● Facilitate project meetings to focus teams on accountabilities and ensure risks to delivery are mitigated
● Work directly with heads of department to both drive and deliver on key projects ensuring
plans are presented in a way that engages teams; taking a transparent and collaborative approach
● Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting packages
● Develop robust reporting suites for strategic, departmental and board audiences, using own initiative and creative thinking to present findings and recommendations
● Create and continuously manage structured schedules and project plans based on the project goals, resources needed, potential risks, time to delivery and budget constraints
● Work with project teams to ensure documentation, supporting materials and project plans are updated and readily available for internal teams and senior leaders
● Take an innovative, creative approach to managing projects, keeping teams updated and ensuring an interactive and ongoing dialogue
● Explore and implement new ways of working and solutions that support business activities this includes digital innovation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Proven experience with analysis, project management and business improvement
● Experience in managing multiple projects and activity through to completion across the full business and process life-cycles
● Deep knowledge of project management methodologies and standards
● Experience of obtaining buy in, through negotiation and influencing is a must
● Lead by example approach to work, being hands-on and proactive
● An understanding of commodities trading or the trading lifecycle
● Experience in the trading / finance sector in the last 5 years
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MANDARA
● A performance-focused and nurturing culture characterised by transparency, meritocracy and collaboration that produces outsized and sustainable results
● Continuous Performance Development Reviews with feedback to improve financial outcomes for you and Mandara
● A high-trust and high-autonomy environment
● Attractive total compensation package including significant bonus opportunity and benefits
● Contributory pension scheme (5% from employee, 3% from company)
● Vitality private healthcare
● Nuffield Health gym membership
● 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holidays
● Company sick pay
● Cycle to work scheme
● Season ticket loan
● Training budget, career development programs & access to learning
● Wellbeing initiatives
● Fresh fruit, breakfasts, team lunches, weekly drinks
● Social events
● Tradable leave
● Remote working opportunities
● An in-formal office environment and adjustable desks (standing or sitting position)
● Recruitment referral bonus
Mandara is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.