We have an opportunity for a Project Surveyor to join our established Wates Residential team in Cardiff,
You will join a team of experienced surveyors working on a ten year, multi million pound project with Cardiff City Council, building 1,500 homes around Cardiff. The scheme is aimed at tackling growing demand for affordable housing in the city and will comprise about 600 council homes as well as properties for sale on the open market.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Develop and encourage project team performance encouraging and ensuring that Wates’ main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Complete and submit Business Unit report, monthly MCR, procurement reports and progress reports
- Demonstrate understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up
- Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value
- Work with the Surveying Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts
- Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to Procurement, Measurement and valuation, Contractual instructions / notices / orders as well as Health and Safety
To be successful in the role you will already have relevant commercial skills and experience including the ability to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management as well as effectively use / understand financial reports and final accounts.
Alongside this you will be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with the client, PQS, design team and supply chain. You will also be committed to leading and developing commercial site teams.
Wates Group was established in 1897 and it is now one of the largest, most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK.
We employ around 3,500 people, working with a diverse range of clients and partners from across the public and private sectors. Our work is guided by inspiring better ways of creating the places, communities and businesses of tomorrow.
We offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers. Learning and development activity is aligned with our business priorities and in 2019 we invested c.£1.2m in 6,741 training days.
As a responsible and inclusive employer, we are committed to equality and proud to have been recognised for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditations with both Investors in People and C2E (Committed to Equality).
Our In-house Recruitment Team embrace diversity and are focused on finding the best people to join us here at Wates. Apply today and one of our team will be in contact.
Please note that candidates represented by agencies will not be considered at this time.