Ready for a change? Need to find your passion for quantity surveying again? Looking to kick start your professional development?
The Northern Powerhouse has brought with it an obvious construction boom across all the major infrastructure sectors. In recognition of this, Solomons Europe is making further investment in the North West region and looking to attract high performing Quantity Surveyors to support its clients on major transport, energy and infrastructure projects.
Location: Warrington / Manchester / Liverpool
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time Staff Position (40hrs)
Salary: Highly Competitive + Prestige company car or generous car allowance
At Solomons we are proud to be a Northern RICS Chartered Quantity Surveying practice, supporting locally based and UK-wide energy, infrastructure and transport projects, being managed centrally from Northern locations. As a long standing commercial partner for many of the best-known Tier 1 Contractors, Quantity Surveyors at Solomons stand out from the crowd and operate as highly skilled and effective members of Client project delivery teams.
How are we different?
As a thriving consultancy, with a homegrown Board of Directors, we have proven we know what it takes to develop people to the very top of their game - to inspire and support them to be the best they can be! It is important to us that you enjoy what you do for a living and to know your hard work is recognised and appreciated. With the Talent and Leadership Teams working hard to ensure our culture, processes and ethos encourage our staff to thrive and be the very best they can be, we can safely say we offer something very different to the usual 9-5! Our diverse client and project base means that for high performing individuals, the challenge and the enjoyment comes from reacting to change and solving project puzzles, upping your game, raising the bar and becoming the best version of you!
With inhouse mentoring and career coaching, experienced and committed APC Counsellors, Fast track career development programs, Management Training and bespoke personal development plans all on offer, we literally go all out to support our people to be the best they can be! At the same time, we want people to be happy and healthy at work, which is why in 2019 we will be launching our ‘Live Happy’ wellbeing initiative to support our people even further!
Standing out from the crowd:
With a proven track record in our sectors, your focus will be to act as a professional and commercial advisor on client sites across the region. You will be fully conversant with contract administration and project control aspects, preferably under the NEC3 and/or FIDIC forms of contract, and capable of acting in a stand alone role in the management of subcontract procurement, administration and cost forecasting. Your assignment will provide you with challenging on-site project experience and over time help you broaden that essential professional portfolio for both commercial and contractual competencies.
As our next Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Be tenacious, you like to see things through to completion and you are a stickler for detail – things need to be done right!
- Be keen to learn and get the most from any experience, you are constantly asking questions and you really enjoy understanding the bigger picture on your project, its purpose and how it all comes together.
- You thrive on meeting new people and quickly finding common ground, building strong working relationships from the off, to help the project run smoothly and ensure you can get the best support from the team when you need to, and are respected in tough negotiations for having your facts straight and being a fair dealer.
- Most importantly you have a can-do attitude, you are solutions focused and you enjoy what you do, which shows in the care and consideration you take with your work and your career plans.
- If you are ready to make a real impact in a growing and inspiring business, and you think you are one of the best the North West has to offer, we want to talk to you
What you’ll get:
- Highly Competitive Salary + Prestige Company Car/Car Allowance
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Personalised Training & Development Programme to develop management and technical skills to promote career progression
- A free weeks’ holiday per year for you and your family in our executive lodge near Windermere
- Westfield Health Cash Plan (includes cover for your Children)
- Up to 5% contributory pension
You may have experience of the following: Relocation, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Managing Quantity Surveyor, Project Quantity Surveyors, Project Surveyor, Renewable Energy, Oli, Gas & Petrol, Civil Engineering and Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Power Generation, NEC3 Contract, Process Engineering, Contract Management, EPC, Claims Consultant, Commercial Manager, Managing Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Project Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and as an inclusive employer we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.